3. Recitativo accompagnato: Thus Saith the Lord of Hosts 1:22
4. Aria: But who may abide 4:11
5. Recitativo accompagnato: Behold, I tell you a mystery 0:29
6. Aria: The trumpet shall sound 8:43
Acis and Galatea (HWV 49)
7. Overture 2:57
8. Recitativo accompagnato: I rage, I melt, I burn! (Polyphemus) 1:03
9. Aria: O ruddier than the cherry (Polyphemus) 2:57
10. Recitativo: Whither, Fairest art thou running (Polyphemus, Galatea) 0:58
11. Aria: Cease to beauty (Polyphemus) 5:31
Judas Maccabaeus (HWV 63)
12. Overture 5:51
13. Chorus: O Father, whose Almighty power 2:18
14. Recitativo accompagnato: I feel the Deity within (Simon) 0:46
15. Aria: Arm ye brave (Simon). Chorus: We come, in bright array 4:03
16. Recitative: Be comforted (Simon) 0:44
17. Aria: The Lord worketh wonders (Simon) 2:49
18. Chorus: Fallen is the foe 3:10
19. Recitative: Enough! to Heaven we leave (Simon) 0:48
20. Aria: With pious hearts (Simon) 2:43
21. Chorus: Sing unto God 2:27
22. Aria: Rejoice, O Judah 1:44
23. Chorus: Alleluia 1:34
Adam Plachetka - baritone, Kateřina Kněžíková - soprano (10)
Czech Ensemble Baroque Orchestra + Choir (on period instruments)
Leader - Dagmar Valentová
Choirmaster - Tereza Válková
Conductor - Roman Válek
Recorded at the Basilica of St. Prokop, Třebíč, August 31 - September 2, 2012.
The oratorios represent the apex of Händel's professional career and they even saved the composer when he was facing repeated crises of his operatic enterprise. These works of his have remained in the European repertoire and even if Händel hadn't written anything else, his Messiah alone would have earned him immortality. The programme of this CD is made up of arias that Händel wrote in his oratorios for bass or bass-baritone - the vocal category embodying heroism, enduring faith and resolve. Owing to his distinct masculinity, combined with determination, pleasantly tinted timbre and natural musicality, Adam Plachetka, a soloist of the Wiener Staatsoper, is an ideal singer to portray such Händel roles. A watershed in the artist's meteoric career came in September 2011, when Plachetka dazzled the Viennese audience in the title role of Mozart's opera Don Giovanni. On this recording, the soloist has a worthy partner: the superlative Czech Ensemble Baroque, conducted by Roman Válek, who prove beyond all doubt that Händel is not the exclusive preserve of the English.
The Wiener Staatsoper soloist Adam Plachetka's debut album, featuring Händel arias.
Cookies používáme proto, abychom mohli přizpůsobovat a měřit reklamy a vytvářet bezpečnější prostředí. Když na tomto webu na něco kliknete nebo přejdete, vyjádříte tím svůj souhlas, že smíme pomocí cookies shromažďovat.