Antonín Dvořák - Czech suite in D major, Op. 39 24:21
1. Preludium (Pastorale) 3:58
2. Polka 5:09
3. Sousedska (Minuetto) 4:26
4. Romance 4:40
5. Finale (Furiant) 5:49
6. Antonín Dvořák - Hussite Overture (Husitska), Op. 67, B 132 13:35
7. Antonín Dvořák - My Home. Ouverture for F.F.Samberkś play Josef Kajetan Tyl, Op. 62 B 125a 9:44
8. Antonín Dvořák - Nocturne for String and Orchestra in B major, Op. 40, B 47 8:48
9. Antonín Dvořák - Scherzo capriccioso, Op. 66 15:15
Czech Philharmonic Orchestra
Václav Neumann conductor
- This album presents a series of Dvořák recordings by Václav Neumann (1920-1995), one of the most significant Czech conductors of the 20th century.
- Out of all of Dvořák's wide-ranging symphonic works, these selections represent the pieces which are the most Czech in mood and melody; the Czech Suite in particular is one of Dvořák's most inspired compositions, ending with what is probably his most glorious furiant ever.
- This recording is full of the joy of making music: the musicians enjoy playing Dvořák because his music offers them beautiful melodies and because there is a logic to even the smallest details of instrumentation and voicing. Václav Neumann was also well known for his fatherly relationship to the orchestra, and the players respected and honored his opinions.
You have successfully added into the shopping cart: