Bedřich Smetana - Česká píseň / 1. Czech Song. Cantata for Mixed Voices and Orchestra 12:17
1. I. Moderato 2:40
2. II. Andante 2:15
3. III. L'istesso tempo. Allegretto 1:49
4. IV. Moderato 2:28
5. V. Moderato maestoso 3:09
Josef Suk - A Fairy - tale. Suite from the Music to Julius Zeyer's Dramatic Tale Raduz and Mahulena, Op. 16 31:16
6. I. About the Faithful Love of Raduz and Mahulena and their Sorrows (Adagio, ma non troppo) 11:21
7. II. The Game of the Swans and the Peacocks (A la polka) 4:00
8. III. Funeral Music (Andante sostenuto) 8:20
9. IV. Runa's Curse and How It was Broken by Love (Allegro appassionato) 7:24
Vítězslav Novák - Slovacko Suite for Small Orchestra / Slovácká suita pro malý orchestr, Op.32 29:07
10. I. In the Church. Andante 8:20
11. II. Among Children. Vivace, giocoso 3:30
12. III. The Amorous Couple /The Lovers/. Andante quasi allegretto 4:06
13. IV. The Country Musicians. Allegro strepitoso 4:42
14. V. At Night. Andante 8:19
Czech Philharmonic Chorus
Czech Philharmonic Orchestra
Václav Talich conductor
Mono studio recording 16.11.1954 (1-5), 2.5.1949 (6-9), 12.6.1953 (11-14)
- Talich's 1954 interpretation of Smetana's cantata Czech Song on CD for the first time.
- Talich's composer friends - Josef Suk a Vitezslav Novak. Their pieces constituted a major portion of Talich's repertoire with the Czech Philharmonic.
- "Authentic interpretations of Suk's suite A Fairy Tale (1901) and Novak's Moravian-Slovak Suite (1903)."
- Music critic Karel Srom, 1943: "Novak and Suk invested a tremendous amount of emotion into these pieces. Talich, who feels their works with them, invests the same into every performance. Each of Talich's performances is an attempt at uniqueness,
literally inimitable." Vaclav Talich - an incomparable interpreter of Suk and Novak.
You have successfully added into the shopping cart: