I. Leoš Janáček - Glagolitic Mass, 1st version - videorecording 45:27
1. Intrada 1:50
2. Introitus 3:50
3. Kyrie eleison 4:50
4. Gloria 6:30
5. Credo 11:20
6. Sanctus 5:50
7. Agnus Dei 4:20
8. Organ solo 4:20
9. Intrada 2:20
II. Leoš Janáček - Jealousy (Original Overture to the Opera Jenufa) - videorecording 6:13
III. Leoš Janáček - Taras Bulba. Rhapsody for Orchestra - videorecording 25:43
1. The Death of Andri 10:20
2. The Death of Ostap 4:30
3. The Prophecy and Death of Taras Bulba 10:10
- Sir Charles Mackerras is respected throughout the world as a Janácek authority, propagator, publisher and above all, conductor. He is celebrating his 80th birthday in November with a year full of impressive musical activity.
- He has displayed his deep, lifelong knowledge of Janácek's music countless times both in the great concert halls and opera houses of the world, as well as on numerous recordings.
- Mackerras has received numerous awards, notably in recent years, the 2001 Gramophone Award and two nominations for the 2002 Grammy awards for his recording of Janácek's first opera Sárka.
- His Janácek recordings are also among the highlights of the Supraphon catalogue.
- Supraphon's January 2004 double album of Janácek's complete orchestral works performed by Mackerras and the Czech Philharmonic is now joined by a DVD of the monumental Glagolitic Mass. The DVD also features the overture Jealousy and the orchestral rhapsody Taras Bulba.
You have successfully added into the shopping cart: